Topic starts at [19:11]
– Support us on Patreon for exclusive podcasts, videocasts, cool swag, and MORE! http://www.patreon.com/supernaturaloccurrencestudiespodcast
– Google has injected itself into our day-to-day lives as no other company has. Whether it’s how we control our homes, collaborate with friends and colleagues, search for information, communicate, get to our destinations, or organize our precious memories, Google is there to help us along, making difficult tasks easy and user friendly. And best of all, most of Google’s services are free! But, nothing is really free, is it? What do we (in)voluntarily give up when we take advantage of Google services? Does Google spy on us? How does the US Intelligence Community fit into the equation? All this and a whole lot more in this episode of the Supernatural Occurrence Studies Podcast! memories, Google is there to help us along, making difficult tasks easy and user friendly. And best of all, most of Google’s services are free! But, nothing is really free, is it? What do we (in)voluntarily give up when we take advantage of Google services? Does Google spy on us? How does the US Intelligence Community fit into the equation? All this and a whole lot more in this episode of the Supernatural Occurrence Studies Podcast!
– NOTE: Something very strange happened after the commercial break, right as we began talking about Google. We’re not sure if this was an attempted hack to prevent us from continuing with the episode. It’s never happened to us before, and we find it ironic considering the topic, some of which is critical of Google. We welcome your thoughts!
– List of Alphabet, Inc.’s “Other Bets” HERE: https://tinyurl.com/y65c5qyq
– View your Google Location History: Log into your Google account and go to Google.com/maps/history
– To export all your Google account stored data: Log into your Google account and go to Takeout.google.com
– Prism Program PowerPoint Slides Here: https://tinyurl.com/yxejtuyb
– When did you start using Gmail?: Log into Google ->Click the gear icon located by your Profile Picture ->Click “See All Settings” ->Click on “Forwarding POP/IMAP” ->Look in the section labeled “Pop Download”, and you will see something that says “Status: Pop is enabled for all mail that has arrived since…” and then a date. If you haven’t adjusted these settings in the past, this date is when you first started using Gmail as a mail client.
– View your search and browsing history: Log into your Google account then go to history.google.com/history
– View your Ad Settings: From a laptop or desktop, log into your Google account ->Click your photo icon in the top-right corner ->Click “Manage your Google Account” ->Click on “Data & Personalization” ->“Ad Personalization” ->Click on “Go to Ad Settings”. This will open the “Ad Settings” window
– Outtakes after the show!
– Please rate The Supernatural Occurrence Studies Podcast on iTunes. We will read your reviews on the show! https://tinyurl.com/y5r2uv33
– Leave us a voicemail and we’ll play your message on the show! Call Chicago area code 872-529-0767
– FaceBook: @ChicagoGhostPodcast Leave us a rating and a comment and we WILL read it on the show! https://tinyurl.com/y55cokhz
– Find us on Spotify and give us a follow! https://tinyurl.com/y3kfq32w
– Find us on iHeart Radio and give us a follow! https://tinyurl.com/y3a7jejt
– Visit our website! Photos, videos, blog, and MORE www.ChicagoGhostPodcast.com
– Instagram: @ChicagoGhosts https://tinyurl.com/y3e6eqqc
– Twitter: @ChicagoGhosts https://tinyurl.com/yyahzzzj
– YouTube: Supernatural Occurrence Studies https://tinyurl.com/y2x3yj93
– Supernatural Occurrence Studies T-shirts are here! Order yours today and support the show! Hurry! They’re selling fast! Visit www.ChicagoGhostPodcast.com and select SHOP
– Set your proton packs to DONATE! If you love what you hear on The Supernatural Occurrence Studies Podcast, visit www.ChicagoGhostPodcast.com and select SPECIAL OFFERS and donate to the cause!